Well, good question. To break it down into the simplest answer, here's how the process goes —
1. I create a design for the apparel, create the designs, and upload a product listing like you'll see here
2. When you buy the product, I place an order with a printing company to print your product exactly to your specifications.
3. Once the company has printed your product, they will ship it directly to you from their warehouse. You will receive any and all shipping updates from the printing company themselves.
4. You receive your product and post a picture on the 'Gram and tag @helloashto because of course you do!
So, why Print-On-Demand?
A few reasons,
1. Print-On-Demand is a significantly inexpensive way to get into the world of clothing design - I don't have to put any risk into ordering thousands of dollars worth of designs in various sizes and colours. So, for me, this is the main reason I chose POD!
2. I feel it is more eco-friendly this way! Nothing is wasted, everything is made to order. A win win, really.
So, now you know all about Printing-On-Demand! I use Printify for all of my products and I've loved it from the start. If you want to start your own business with Printify, you can learn more about that here!
The more you know!